Fridays are always preferred over Mondays. Nobody like Mondays. Throughout the week there are many times that people ask "Is it Friday yet"?. There are the weeks though that literally Friday couldn't have come any sooner. There are those weeks that are extra stressful. The extra stressful days seem just to crawl by and I am left exasperated waiting for some fresh air at the end of the tunnel. It may sound a bit dramatic because really nothing went on that couldn't be recovered from but really it was just one of those weeks. Overwhelmed, exhausted, and stressed.To sum it up, there was sleep issues, bad friend issues, and bug issues, just to name a few.
There was one feeling that caught me off guard this week though. Loneliness. My husband and I moved away from our small town years ago. We love it here. We wouldn't have bought a house and settled here if we didn't. But there are those times that I wish I could just drive down the street and have dinner with my parents. I hate not seeing my little brother and niece all the time. They are growing just as fast as my son is so I miss a lot. With my other siblings, most of our conversations are through text messages. They are all missing out on my son in his first year. The first year is one of the most important ones with all the milestones. They just need to come for a few days and then I will be reminded of why I left in the first place. :)
Friday is here though. Friday always comes. And of course there is always something to be grateful for.
I ventured to my local Carters store and there were lots of items with lots of percentages off them. Its one thing to go shopping knowing there is a sale but much more rewarding when you stumble across one randomly.
I am grateful for the rain that we got this past week. Its not a good thing that rainy days are so few and far between but its that much better when they do come.
I am always grateful for my son but this week I am grateful that he is walking now. Well I should be grateful right, for him hitting a milestone? In reality I am an anxious mess wanting to cover the entire floor of my house with pillows while he figures out his wobbliness. I just want to walk behind him wherever he goes to catch him should he stumble. Literally now, figuratively later.
All in all, the weekend is here! Football! A full DVR! Maybe some solutions to my lack of sleep?
Happy Weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment