You are now 18 months old! I don't understand how and why time is going by so fast but here we are. These past 18 months of getting to be your mother and watching you grow and learn and mold into this little person have been one of the greatest blessings in my life.
When you are older I want to remember everything about the person that you are right now. I want to remember the nonchalant way you repeat words we say as though you have been saying them for years. I want to remember how you will try and try again to repeat the harder ones until you get it right. This age is so fun because finally the communication barriers are breaking down just a little. You are putting multiple words together. You are able to ask for things and even make simple decisions with a yes or no answer.
I will remember how much of a picky eater you have become and how you emphatically say "all done" when you don't even want to try the food in front of you.
I want to remember the way you yell the dogs name, the way you terrorize him, pull his tail, yank on his paws and try to sit on his head.
I want to remember how you pranced around the room trying your hardest to jump. You jump just fine on the beds or sofas (even though we constantly tell you not to) but haven't quite gotten enough air to jump simply from the ground.
I want to remember how excited you get to play outside. You will sit and play and climb outside for hours with your little cheeks bright red.
I want to remember how you make me read you the same book over and over again. It is not just one book. It is whatever the bed time story is that you will insist be read to you five times.
I want to remember the way you dance. You shake and move to any song. Silly daddy taught you to head bob too. You also pretend to snap your fingers but instead of the snap sound you click your tongue.
I want to remember the big hugs and kisses that you so willingly give at all the right times.
I am probably missing some things I want to remember because there are so many little moments, little things about you that I wish I could just bottle up forever. I know that is not possible though so I will simply be thankful for having you as my son. Be grateful that you are a healthy, happy little person who just fills my heart to the brim. Even when the world is rough on our life, you make everything okay and so worth it.
Happy half birthday my love.
No comments:
Post a Comment