Monday, November 4, 2013

I am thankful-part one

Now that we are into the month of November, everyone is sharing there things in life that they are thankful for. I am normally all over that but this year I am late to the party. I realize that I have many things to be thankful for in life but in the middle of grief and loss you become so consumed with those feelings that everything else gets overlooked. But I do want to show and talk about the things and people in my life that I am so grateful for.

One of the main things in my life that I am so very thankful for is the fact that God chose to bless me with the journey of motherhood. I am so very very thankful for my children. Not everyone is blessed with this journey and I know of so many people who have a heart ready to love a child but have been unable to have one. On the flip side you also hear of people that are blessed many times over with children and take it for granted or don't appreciate their blessing either.

I am thankful for the 20 little fingers and toes that I get to kiss each day. I am thankful for the hugs and kisses and cuddles. I am even thankful for the hard things and times that are involved with being a parent. It is in those situations that you learn patience and compassion and other things that help to make you a better person. I am thankful for my experiences in that I got to hold a baby in my belly for 9 months and got to feel kicks and jabs and hiccups. I am thankful that I got to bring them into the world through the painful but beautiful experience of labor and that I have had so much success with breastfeeding. I am thankful for these little beings that make my heart so happy.

I am so very grateful to God for choosing me to be a mom to these little men. Even on the hardest or most trying of days they are the best part of everyday.






No comments:

Post a Comment