I could go on complaining about everything but that is the whole point of my post today. Last week when spring started ... My social media feeds were filled with the fact that it was international happiness day. People were posting various things about what makes them happy or brings them happiness. I enjoyed seeing the various things and thought about the little things in life that make me happy...This past week I have had to focus extra hard on the little things...
Of course my kids.. And their funny ways..watching them learn..and grow..
My hubby and his hotness..
Chips and salsa..and queso and guacamole.. Lol
Watching Friends reruns over and over again..
Reading
A good glass of wine..
Arts..crafts..pictures..anything creative for me and or my kids..
Rainy days..
I could go on with my list but the point I am trying to make is happiness is a choice.. A way of living. It isn't a place or a destination to reach. It isn't once you have this or that in your life and it definitely isn't about material things. It is a choice to make everyday. If reading the horrible news brings you down each day stop reading! Let go of the people that have let you down and move on. Do what makes you happy even if it's the little things.. Go the gym..indulge every so often.. Make time for yourself..for your hobby..This is more of a reminder to myself because sometimes I get caught up in the everyday.. The schedules.. And the people that have let me down. Losing my brother made it seem like the end of the world.. It's still hard everyday but it has to be a choice for me to make everyday..If I can't enjoy the little things today than when can I? What makes you happy?

No comments:
Post a Comment