Thursday, November 20, 2014

Two month little dude

Our littlest dude turned two months old this past week. Time flies even faster this time around. I forgot the little things about the baby stage that I love so much. I'm trying to take it all in as much as possible because before I know it he will be up and running around with his brothers. I love the little humming noise he makes while nursing. I love how at this age he just gazes while trying to focus.. Then when his gaze falls on me and he just stares like there's no one else in the world. I love how he gets so excited when he's able to get his hand up to his face like "hey look what I found". I love his coos and aahs.. Even when they are directed at the ceiling fan. And I cannot get enough of the little baby smell...you know before they turn into stinky sticky toddlers.

At two months he is weighing in at 15.11 lbs. I'm not shocked by that anymore.. All of my boys have that crazy growth in the first six months of their life and then slowly calm it down closer to a year. Knock on all the wood but he is a great sleeper. He does very few dream feeds in the middle of the night. He will then wake up about five roaring to eat but goes back to sleep for another few hours. Maybe he got the memo that his brothers were (and sometimes still are) hard on me when it comes to sleep so he's taking it easy on me. He is still exclusively breastfeeding on demand. He is on his way out of 3 month clothes and into 6 months. 

This dude gives out smiles like no other. At me and daddy..his brothers.. Again the ceiling fan.. Lol. He was even giving the doctor smiles at his checkup being a little ham until of course it was time for shots.  But even then he was pretty easily consoled and thankfully didn't have a reaction at all. He also recently found the ability to suck his thumb. I know it's not going to be fun later if he stays being a thumb sucker but right now it is the cutest thing. He flat out refused any pacifiers. This past weekend we were able to leave him with grandma for a little while and took a bottle of pumped milk great.  Again something that big brothers gave me a hard time with. 

Overall he's my easy going beautiful baby boy. I thank God for adding him to our family and for his health. Happy two months little dude.


No comments:

Post a Comment