This morning we all woke up together and everyone was in a great mood. Middle dude was making us laugh and baby was babbling away and cheerful as we slowly made our way downstairs for breakfast. Most mornings aren't like this. During the week we are hurriedly getting oldest dude ready for school while trying to not wake up the younger two. When the younger two are woken up before they are ready well it isn't a pretty site. But this morning.. was just peaceful and happy. One of those moments I felt grateful and blessed. It was so refreshing to wake up that way and start the day off positive. So I decided I'm going to focus on some other happy positives from the week.
I of course am going to start off with the weather. Even though its back to 100 degrees now.. for a split second it was refreshing.. and cooler. I really need to get us to a cold weather spot to make my heart happy.
Even though the temps still say summer.. the calendar is turning. That means the seasonal beers have made their appearance in stores. They are my favorite!
Speaking of enjoying a drink or two.. hubby and I had an amazing date night at a local bar. We had never been before. It was a town over so just a short drive up the highway. It had local beers on tap and a fun happy hour. There was cornhole set up and huge size jenga games. There was live music playing with misters going keeping everyone fresh outside. So fun!
Another happy of the week was oldest dude having an amazing week at school. He was so happy to go back and did really well the whole week with praises from his teacher.
We attended a surprise party for a friend of ours this weekend. And the initial look of surprise and joy is always a happy moment.
I did a pinterest idea of making chalk paint for the boys. They had a good time with it but the best part? Baby actually had a blast. He hadn't shown much interest in things like that but this day he was so into it. Got down and dirty and loved all the sensory aspect of it.
Speaking of Pinterest.. Since my favorite time of year is coming.. I love fall and holiday crafts and decor. So my Pinterest boards get busy. I love this door hanger I pinned for Halloween.
Today we end with a big homemade meal and football on tv. Can't get much happier!
Have a good week!

No comments:
Post a Comment