Sunday, October 18, 2015

Five

This weekend was all about celebrating a certain almost five year old's birthday. My oldest little man turns five this week and I am actually a little emotional about it. Age five just seems so old after the toddler preschool years. I feel like it just marks a big turning point in the getting older process.

So this weekend we had a birthday party. In all honesty birthday parties stress me out. I would rather do something small or take a day/weekend trip to celebrate. But he is at an age where these things are a big deal for him so we went ahead with the party planning. With him being a late October birthday, we had previously played around with the idea of doing a Halloween/Costume theme in past years but had never done it. This year that was the only option he'd even consider. So we had a Halloween themed day of pizza, cupcakes, and fun and celebrated with family..friends.. and friends that have turned into family. The weather is still pretty warm so but besides that fact we had a great time surrounded by great people.






I watch my oldest all the time. I sometimes think he is too mature for his age and want him to slow down. In conversations and when he's telling me very detailed stories I am in awe of him. I am in awe of this little person that hubby and I created and am so very proud of him. He is an awesome big brother although he can get pretty bossy lol.. I just hope that equates to strong leadership skills later in life. He likes to tell me every detail of his day at school and I love it.. I hope he always wants to share those details with me.

He recently went through a major growth and we had to do complete wardrobe shopping of clothes and shoes. (which shoes he loves..its ridiculous) Now when I pull his clothes out while doing laundry.. they seem so big to me.. But healthy growth is a good thing I keep reminding myself.
He is best buds with his daddy and again something I hope will always be true. He will still curl up next to me sometimes but most of the time its all about daddy. He loves reading with me and I get to validate my addiction to kids books because of him. He is also my crafting buddy and loves to sit with me and paint..cut..glue.. you name it. He loves music and really loves to sing.  He is also a big breakfast person like me which I love but sometimes is hard to cater to on busy school mornings. Speaking of school.. it is something he still loves and is excited for everyday.

It is incredulous to me that it has been five whole years since I became a momma. I am so incredibly grateful that God chose me to be this little dude's mom. He is such a special soul that will do great things in life.

Happy Birthday my sweet little man. May God bless you and continue to light your way. We love you <3


No comments:

Post a Comment