Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Catching Up

There is soft snoring coming from the boys... lights from the Christmas trees setting soft glows throughout the house.. and here I have some down time to actually come to my tiny corner of the internet to write out my thoughts. I guess I should say I actually have the energy to do so. Life has been crazy lately. Busy.. stressful.. and full. And even when I have a free moment I just want to sit and breathe for a moment,

Going back a few weeks.. we had a very special weekend. It was the annual 5k for epilepsy awareness in our town. It is always such an emotional time for me. To see so many people affected by the disease that took my brother is just something that strikes a nerve. There were a few people that were carrying posters showing how many days they had been seizure free. I want to root and cheer for these people.. like yes! beat this stupid disease.. but on the flip side .. the dark side I guess I should say.. is that I selfishly get mad that my brother didn't get to beat the disease.. he didn't get to be a success story..Normally we do not take the kids with us but this year we did. It was superhero themed so of course the boys were in awe.



Then later that day .. hubby and I got married again! The day marked our seven year anniversary of when we originally got married. So we did a vow renewal and got married by the church. It was special to have just a few guests join us in renewing our vows and committing to each all over again. I loved that our boys were there to watch. I actually held my youngest through the ceremony because he didn't want to be held by anyone else. My middle dude hung out right by our side too. Normally things like that stress me out because my type A ocd comes out but on this day it didn't. It all just fit. It was awesome and special for us.

I then spent the next week busy and playing catch up on a bunch of things. Now with three kids.. maintaining my house seems to be so very difficult for me. It wasn't when I just had two ... I was still able to keep up ... but now.. its just that I am in the kitchen feeding them or cleaning up after meals like 90 percent of my day. And then trying to do big cleaning jobs like mopping and bathrooms is a never ending cycle with all these boys running around making messes and being loud.

Then Thanksgiving came. We had a small feast here at home and watched football all day. It was lovely and simple. The next day I woke up super early and did my annual trip to Home Depot for the super cheap poinsettas they offer on this day to start Christmas decorating. I did some other black Friday shopping that morning and found some awesome deals. Later that day we went out and picked out our real Christmas tree. I was determined for big and fat this year and I think it was achieved.

And now here we are...kicking off the Christmas season.. lots to look forward too... lots to be thankful for... <3

No comments:

Post a Comment