Thursday, December 17, 2015

Our Winter Getaway

This past weekend we visited our home town. It is difficult to travel over there on actual Christmas so we decided to go before. It was our chance to see family and to also celebrate my middle dude. His birthday is this coming weekend so we got together to sing Happy Birthday and blow out some candles. We decided to spend the weekend a few hours north in New Mexico to enjoy some actual winter weather. I wasn't sure if it was going to snow but I knew it would still be cold. So we rented a cabin and off we went.





We took the boys to a snow tubing park. It had a few chutes and a young children's area. The boys started off in the children's area but ended up braving the bigger lifts too. We had a blast! The baby even enjoyed himself. I had never been snow tubing before. I am glad the boys got to experience it too.

The next morning we went to a log cabin restaurant and had one of the best breakfasts of my life.
Gingerbread pancakes topped with cinnamon apples and cranberries.
Later that afternoon it started snowing. It snowed a few inches. We spent the day in the cabin, by the fire, watching Christmas movies. The older boys went outside and played in the snow for a good while. They had so much fun.



In the evening it started snowing heavily. A good foot and a half. That doesn't seem like much to people that are used to the snow but to us sheltered Texans it was a big deal. We took like 500 pictures to document it lol. The next morning we woke up to a winter wonderland. It was gorgeous. I was sad to leave (and come back to 80 degree weather :( )

I took many pictures. So thankful for a wonderful weekend.


We are back home now.. its time to celebrate a certain middle child's birthday and then countdown to Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment