Monday, January 2, 2017

Bringing in the New Year!

The new year is here! We have had a glorious holiday break and definitely do not want to get back to real life. Christmas has been taken down with the exception of our main Christmas tree. That will be left up until Epiphany.

New years Eve was so fun. We had lots of food...played lots of games...and tried to figure out what happened to Mariah Carey on the new years eve show. Mother in law found some fun new years surveys and questions on Pinterest that brought fun conversation. I had major mom brain though and couldn't remember many things.
Pie Face Showdown







HeadBandz Marvel Edition



Kiddos (except baby) made it to midnight. We normally do an early countdown and put the kids to bed but this year we decided to change it up. They took a long nap early in  the day so they handled it pretty well. We did the countdown...had our homemade noise makers... Two of them had apple cider...one requested chocolate milk. We all passed out soon after the countdown.

I'm ready to put some of my new gifts to use now that we are into January. My hubby (and Santa) got me some amazing gifts. One was this journaling Bible that I can't wait to start on.

 I also got the Happiness Journal Mother's Edition. I have heard so many good things about this. If you know me you know I'm all about documenting things and this is the perfect fit. I have a new planner for the year too and things like that always excite me. One day in December, Amazon had amazing deals on a bunch of Kindle books. We are talking like a dollar or two a piece. So I loaded up. I still prefer reading an actual hard book but with prices like that I couldn't pass it up. Looking forward to reading so much more than I did last year. I absolutely love reading but when I was pregnant I could barely stay awake most days and then well the crazy new born nights followed those.



Working on the rest of my resolutions...looking forward to rooting for my Cowboys in the post season...and looking forward to the return of our tv shows! Ha!

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment