I have been pretty quiet around here lately. I made it a goal to be more intentional with my time...more reflective too. So I make time to read...write...pray...etc. And unfortunately my blogging time was sacrificed. But I still want to document our lives around here. I love reading back on when my oldest was smaller...reading back on funny things that they said or did when they were little.
So here's a life lately post to show a bit of what we have been up to.
My oldest is growing...flourishing...he's getting ready to start baseball season. Its his first year doing coach pitch. He works hard...he is a teenager in a little person's body lol but really is an awesome little dude. He is a great big brother and a big help around here. We changed things up a bit for him and decided to home school him. The decision was made for various reasons...I'm not going to criticize public school or any other options and we will definitely revisit our options in the future but for right now we feel like this is the best option for us. He is a very eager learner and was simply bored. So we are taking his eagerness and going with it. Home schooling has also given us a chance to explore other activities that we wouldn't otherwise have time for if he was going to school. It is something we are really having fun with.
My second dude is also growing and flourishing... he is this long lean little dude that looks all big kid now. He is about to start his very first t- ball season. He asked to try it this year, so we shall see how it goes. So far he is enjoying it. He did an instructional basketball season that he just finished up. He also really enjoyed that one. He's super competitive though and gets frustrated when he can't master something it. But he is doing really well learning how to deal with that. He will also be home schooled in the fall. We do lots of learning activities already but will actually apply a curriculum for him the way we do for big bro. I use the term curriculum loosely though...its just learning simple things that are age appropriate. Both him and big bro are all about their video games... they are really enjoying learning the classics like super mario and sonic the hedgehog. We of course limit their game time but its still cool to see them play games that we grew up with.
 |
| cookies and cream for the win |
Third little dude has by far done the most growing. He has gone through a growth spurt and has lost some of his baby fat. His age (2) is probably once of my favorite stages. He is still very much "baby" but in his little brain he thinks he is big kid. He pushes and tests boundaries. His vocabulary is growing exponentially. He is all about doing everything himself. But he still says things like "can I carry you" when he want to be picked up, or "open me" when he needs me to open something for him. And this dude.. well he just has the best hair.
 |
| fine motor skills at our favorite breakfast spot |
I have lots of documenting to do for my littlest dude... I need to do a post for just him so I can document the way I did the other dudes. He's about to be seven months. Lots of firsts for him... lots of growing... his baby stage is quickly fading and its making this momma nervous.
Thanks for catching up with us <3
No comments:
Post a Comment