My son is going to turn 10 months this week. Almost a year old! The entire time I was pregnant I thought wow can time go any slower? Now I want to control time... stop time, slow it down so I can experience and savor all the precious little moments...
Right now he learning, learning, learning. What sound does this make? How does this taste? What if I pull/push this? How do I drive momma crazy? :)
It funny because this time last year when football season was starting my husband and I had a conversation where we were making note that this time next year we will have a little person in our home, watching the games with us, babbling away not letting us hear. Sure enough last night was the first Bills preseason game... watching it was a whole different experience for my husband. Everything in general is a whole different experience.
Our weekends no longer consist of late nights out on Fridays and sleeping in on Saturdays. Now a days I am grateful for mornings when he wakes up and it is light out rather than still dark. Leaving the house is no longer just pick up and go... its more like wait, has he eaten, napped, had a snack, need a change of diaper...Going to the movies is a whole other experience too.
If we are going out to eat, now its about family friendly places. Are we going to get looks if he has a melt down? Is it going to be too loud for him? If he needs to nurse I am going to be able to do it there or again face the looks? When he was a few months old we went to a sushi restaurant and he needed a diaper change. There was not a diaper changing station in the restroom. I laughed to myself because I thought all restaurants were required to have one.
I love when he just sits on my lap and I can feel him breathing and smell his hair. I could go on and on... I know I have so many things to look forward to in this incredible journey called parenthood but I need time to slow down a little bit.
Oh and this past week... we confirmed his first word... "Mom".
You are a superb mother.
ReplyDeleteI completely agree with you ! What a lucky little boy Nathaniel is. I love the picture of you and Nathaniel laying on the floor!
ReplyDelete