Monday, August 29, 2011

weekend review randoms

Today is my husbands birthday! Happy birthday to the most wonderful, hottest, most caring husband and daddy! I love you and thank the Lord for blessing me with you in my life. :)
We had lots going on this past weekend. Besides the heat outside the weekend was awesome. (Notice I am not going to stop complaining about the weather here)
Saturday both our teams had pre season games. Have I explained that before? We are huge football fans but do not root for the same team. I am a huge Dallas Cowboys fan. I simply grew up that way and have been a fan ever since. My husband on the other hand is a Buffalo Bills fan. When he was really young he simply chose them based on their team colors on a video game and started following them. He has been a fan ever since. We also had our fantasy football draft. I am the only female in the league but am pretty impressed with the team I got. We'll see  how the season goes.
our draft board before

our draft board after!

Sunday we went to dinner to celebrate my husbands birthday. He wanted somewhere fun so we did Dave and Busters with some friends and family. I had only been there a few times. It is an awesome atmosphere with all the games to play, the restaurant, and the bar. Since there is so much to do it can get a bit pricy though. We ate, had a few drinks, and played some games. 


Since we were at dinner, we dvr'd the MTV video music awards. Here is my thing about award shows. I only watch the music ones to see the performances. Who wins what is not too important to me. I also insist on watching them recorded so I can fast forward through the nonsense parts. A few things i took away from this show is
-I absolutely loved Beyonce's performance and the fact that she revealed she was pregnant. I know celebrities get pregnant all the time but I am a big fan of her and her husband. I thought it was absolutely adorable how he was all cheering and smiling for her. How cute! Can you tell I have a tad bit of baby fever? :)
-I am confused about Lady Gaga.
-Although I love the Kardashians, I was confused as to why Kim was at the show. 
-Oh and I totally loved Adele and her performance. 

Looking forward to another week... can we please get a break with the over 100 degrees days out here???

No comments:

Post a Comment