Monday, September 5, 2011

Weekend Randoms

Labor day weekend! Nothing major going on. We stayed close to home, enjoyed college football, and basically just enjoyed each other. Some things to mention...

Ok so on Friday I was craving Mexican food. There is no shortage of Tex-Mex restaurants here but we wanted to try something different. Anywho as I mentioned on my vent post, I allowed myself to have a drink. I had this. This is from a local restaurant, El Chaparral.


Here it is called a Michelada. For those who are not familiar, it is your choice of Mexican type beer with tomato juice/bloody mary mix/ or clamato, lime and salt. We usually make our own with XX beer and clamato. I am usually picky about the tomato juice mix that restaurants use but this one was amazing. They were cheap too!

Saturday morning I made breakfast for my lil family. 

This electric skillet makes my life so much easier. I received it as a gift last Christmas and it is probably one of the most used things in my kitchen. Pancakes, eggs, bacon...sometimes I will throw chicken breasts, bell peppers and onion for quick fajitas. 

I was still craving Mexican food and decided to try chicken enchiladas. I usually make mine with store bought enchilada sauce but wanted something different and do my own sauce.

I was pleased with the way it came out for being a home made sauce but still need to tweak the recipe. They came out too spicy. My husband loved it that way but me not so much. Once I perfect it I will post the recipe. I haven't posted recipes because I don't really follow a set recipe for most things. 



College football is back! We spent the day watching that. Isn't my little UT fan gorgeous?





We also had a park trip this weekend. Fall is right around the corner. You can feel it in the air and see it in the trees. So excited!


Happy Labor Day!



1 comment: