The past few days were rough. No let me correct that. More like the past week. Late last week my little man started getting sick. He is eleven months now and had never gotten sick before. It started with what seemed to be allergies. We sat in a steamed up bathroom and he was cleared out. All seemed ok. The next day the same thing. By Friday night it was all out sneezy, puffy eyes, miserableness.
Then overnight there was fever. Me being a first time mom and it being the first time he was sick I did freak out a little bit. Fevers are the body's way of fighting off whatever it is invading the body but if they get out of hand they can be scary. Poor lil man was still his happy self until it came to him losing his breath while playing. He had a rough time nursing since he couldn't breathe through his nose. Then since he is also teething, since he was only breathing out of his mouth and there is all this extra drool, there was puddles everywhere. Poor baby had to sport a bib for the majority of his sick days.
Needless to say neither one of us got much sleep over the weekend.
Seeing your little one miserable is heartbreaking. You don't know exactly what is hurting them. They don't know how to blow their nose so everything ends up being so frustrating. As a parent you just want to fix whatever it is and make it go away. Sometimes its not so easy. :(
Then I also started not feeling well. Not from the same thing so there wasn't a virus just floating around but it definitely made things harder, especially with the lack of sleep. Then Monday afternoon as I was leaning over to change him I felt the the bottom of my back lock up and then shooting pain. I am assuming I pulled something or strained something but it hurt! Again not fun. I was in so much pain, all while trying to nurse, change, lift, bathe and do all my motherly duties for the afternoon. Pain is still there today but not as bad.
Of course things could always be worse but whew, I am glad this week is closer to being over. Need to move past these stressful, tiring days.
Then some other non important gripes:
(warning superficial complaining ahead)
The Dallas Cowboys- their nonsense on Sunday. I guess I should be used to it by now but when you are a fan it is hard not to hope.
Electric glass top stoves are the worse things ever. In my next house I vow to not have one. They are so darn hard to keep clean and they don't heat even. I am over it.
And yes once again the weather!!! Fall starts next week. I want to put out my fall decor. Yet the temp here is still in the triple digits! No rain so everything is super dry. AC still being run on high. I'm over it.
I thought I would just throw in some cuteness to end on a positive note.
No comments:
Post a Comment