Friday, October 7, 2011

Friday Randoms

Woke up to a beautiful gray sky this morning, with rain falling comfortably. 

Speaking of weather, last night I went with my husband to his softball game. I don't always like to go because I don't like keeping little man out too late. The weather though was awesome! There was a nice fall breeze. No sticky hot night full of bugs. 

My son finally learned how to climb the stairs in our house. He has been crawling for months and walking for weeks but had thankfully stayed away from the stairs. The other night we were all downstairs and I went upstairs to get something. He was upset that I didn't take him with me. So he ventured over to the stairs and one by one up he went to come get me. My husband was right behind him of course but allowed him to go up because he was  so determined. He sure was proud of himself. So baby gates are officially needed in my home. These were the last piece of baby proofing we needed. I do want to "teach" him the correct way to go up and down though should there be an emergency he knows how to get down. I'm sure that will be till he is a bit older though.

The summer drought and the fact that more land was cleared in my neighborhood for new houses has cause some unwanted visitors. I normally don't get freaked out by bugs but these I do. Darn scorpions.

I completed a mini project from an idea I got from pinterest. The idea on Pinterest was to do this with your intial. But I decided to do a full word for my kitchen. So I did the word "eat" in corks from wine bottles. I found huge packages of these corks at a local thrift store. Although I do love wine it would have taken me forever to collect them on my own. 


I completed my own invitations for my son's birthday party as well! Now to get them sent out. I am the poster child for procrastination. 


Happy Weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment