Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Turning One!

When I was pregnant, I wanted time to hurry up. I was over being sick and I was just in a huge rush to meet my little man. Time went by so slow. Then he came and it was like time fell into an accelerated race and now here I am a year later with my handsome little man on his first birthday.

I first off would like to thank the Lord for the incredible blessing of becoming a mother. Not only becoming a mother but being able to be one to my wonderful, sweet, healthy little man. I thank the Lord for guiding me and keeping me strong through the labor, the sleepless nights, and moments of impatience as I learned the things I needed to learn to soothe, comfort, and make my baby happy. I am grateful and can only hope and pray that I am blessed with many mores with my son.

I thank my husband. I am so grateful I have him as the father of my child, my partner and friend in this.

I thank my son. I thank him for making me into a better person. I thank him for melting my heart with his sweet smiles and laughs. I thank him for coming into this world and making my husband a daddy. Watching my husband be a dad has made me fall in love with him all over again. I thank my son for teaching me to be patient, making me smile even when I don't want to, and giving me reason.

At a year old, you are walking, babbling away, and always learning new things. You absolutely love bath time and have become such a great sleeper. You are getting pickier with foods though. You used to be willing to try anything and now not so much. You love Elmo and Mickey Mouse (probably because those are the only ones I allow you to watch). You absolutely love to dance. You are also much better in the car. Your carseat used to not be a fun place. Little Man- you are a year old! Happy Birthday! I wish you nothing but happiness and thank you for all the happiness you have brought us. We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment