Thursday, October 27, 2011

Party Fun

So Little Man's birthday has come and gone. For the past year almost every week I was saying "this time last year" in reference to how life is now versus before being a mom. Now when  I say that I will be referring to a time where my little man was an infant. He is no longer considered an infant. :(

I am doing much better with the whole emotional thing over him turning one. He is keeping me on my toes and I love this age so much. I'm sure in a few years when he is more independent my emotions will come back full force. He is walking every where now. He had been walking for a while now but was still going around like a drunken man. He'd revert back to crawling after getting tired of falling over. Now he has more confidence and is on the move. I can't keep up. Unfortunately this new found confidence has taken him to climbing stairs a whole lot more, climbing the fireplace, walking in tiled areas... I should just install padding everywhere.

The party was great. We had great weather and great company. Little man was in a great mood throughout most of it as well. We are so very grateful for those who attended and supported in spirit. I must say though that birthday parties are stressful! In the future he will have a choice of a party or a trip. Hopefully he will choose trips more often than not.

This was his first year timeline in pictures.
We did a sports themed party. We had people dress in their favorite sports teams attire. We had a jumping balloon to entertain the children. It was little man's first time in one and he loved it. We had a cupcake cake. Let me tell you, it is so much easier than having to slice pieces for everyone.

He was not a fan of the smash cake!




This was him on his actual birthday.



Love you little man!

No comments:

Post a Comment