Monday, December 12, 2011

Change

I struggle with change sometimes. Okay alot. From little things to big things change saddens me and well sometimes scares me. Whenever hubby and I get a treat from lets say Sonic or Starbucks I have usually the same two drinks that I will choose from. Occasionally the cute one (aka my hubby) will ask if I want to change it up a bit. And risk not liking my choice? I think not. 

Then there are the bigger things. Like Lamar Odom getting traded to the Dallas Mavericks. Just playing (but I am saddened by that one) The bigger things like letting go of traditions in order to start new ones. Deciding on where to live and plant roots usually involves change. Or maybe even changing some of your traits for the one you love?

So while I sit here in fear of trying a different kind of latte I realize that change is going to happen whether I like it or not. Change is good. Change is needed. 

When my husband and I first started dating, we both had to make changes to be able to commit to each other. We were both a hot mess but we knew we wanted to be with each other. We made some changes to make it work. Our relationship is ever changing and I think change helps us grow. Right now we are trying to establish our Christmas traditions on how we are going to celebrate and in order to compromise we each have to let go of what we are so familiar with. 

When we chose our home to live in we knew we wanted new construction but loved the neighborhood we were renting in. That neighborhood was well established so we had to change out of our comfort zone. The whole idea of leaving our hometown was a huge change. We chose to leave our one highway town and the awesome food for multiple highways and Tex Mex. 

And of course there was our decision to have a baby. Some people plan for children others just let it happen. We specifically planned for our baby and was super thrilled to be blessed. We knew that our lives were going to change in so many ways with that one decision alone but we embraced it. 


The point of the matter is that I need to realize that change is needed and healthy for you. Don't be afraid of it. Sometime change doesn't work out for the best but it will definitely teach you and you won't be wondering what if. Sometimes change works out for the best and makes life so much better than you ever thought it could be.


1 comment:

  1. Change is definitely scary!! Your little one is so cute! :o) Oh and I love your background... for some reason I really like lamp-posts in winter lol.

    I'm your newest follower from the Mingle with Us Blog Hop. Please feel free to come by my blog and if you like, follow me back. :o)

    Jamie
    For Love of Cupcakes

    ReplyDelete