Sunday, January 22, 2012

Funny Bedtime

I always let out a little laugh at bedtime. Once Little man is out for the night I laugh to myself for a few reasons. For one I laugh at my exhaustion. It is amazing how much energy a 15 month old has. I spend my days chasing him around the house, entertaining him, teaching or at least attempting to teach him various things, and then of course cleaning up after him. 


Then I laugh at the routine that has formed once he is down. I have to go over his tracks in the house looking for socks. This guy does not like wearing socks and will take them off constantly. I have tried different types of socks, different sizes thinking maybe its the size or materials that bother him but no he carries a general dislike for all socks. I make many attempts throughout the day to put them on him because I have a thing about him walking barefoot on the tile floor. So at the end of the day I collect the socks to put in the hamper because they will be lost permanently if not. That means taking them out of toy baskets, plucking them off stairs, pulling them out of under furniture, etc. 


Then there is the task of picking up his snacks. When its snack time he likes to carry them with him. But sometimes he gets distracted and will leave them places. Again I am looking in toy baskets, between couch cushions, and in some of his toys in general. There is nothing more lovely than stepping on a soggy piece of something with a bare foot. This task also includes collecting sippys that have been forgotten. 


There is also the toy situation. He has been blessed with grandparents who spoil him so there are lots of toys everywhere. We do a pretty good job of keeping them contained but again he will carry them from place to place. The battery operated noise making ones are the ones that we worry about at bedtime. It never fails that one will surprise one of us somewhere and we will kick it or step on it accidentally and it will loudly begin playing its loudest longest song possible while we fumble for the off switch hoping that it doesn't wake the sleeping baby. 


Then of course there is the attempt at trying to get other things done around the house but by this time I just want to lay down too. I usually laugh at those attempts too because I question why even bother.


But then there is the best part. Getting to admire the peaceful precious little person dreaming away....
(this is naptime, dont usually risk waking him up at night)

No comments:

Post a Comment