On a daily basis I marvel at how my little man has grown and changed over the past year. His physical features obviously but his intelligence as well. And his stubbornness, ability to talk back, and ability to destroy my house. I have a toddler on my hands now and while amusing, it is hard work.
He loves bath time but he thinks it is a game in getting into it. I have spent some of my evenings chasing a naked little man through the hall ways because he finds it hilarious to run around the house like that. As soon as the clothes come off he scoots away.
He no longer allows me to cut his nails. Completing this task now takes a few days each time because he will only allow one finger or toe at a time.
His eating habits are way off. Some days he will eat very well like the growing boy that he is while others he thinks it is acceptable to live off of a few bites for the entire day and throw the rest on the ground. He also now likes to eat on his own which is totally okay but he insists on holding his own forks and spoons, his own drinks, etc. While I am glad he is learning, cleaning up has become a bit more detailed.
When it comes to refusing food, asking to change his diaper, or put on his socks he now tells me no. He will babble off reasons not to do so (although of course it gets done).
He no longer thinks its cool to ride in a stroller. He wants to walk on his own everywhere!
We got him a little activity table to draw and color on. It won't hold his attention long but he is pretty good about sitting there and scribbling for a few minutes. I made the mistake of leaving the crayons accessible. His wooden puzzles now have green and orange lines through them (easily wipeable).
He insists on doing everything we do. If he sees me stirring something while I am cooking, he wants to be picked up so he can stir too. He has to have a push at the vacuum while I am vacuuming the house. The other day the hubby was running in place so he followed suite. He also knows how to work the cell phones like a pro!
I am more just documenting these things for my self simply because I will look back on them and let them warm my heart. Some things we have to correct of course, others he will grow out of, and some things will get worse as he gets older. He is a little person now, no longer a baby...

You, my dear, are a no reply blogger! So I wrote you up this email and I couldn't send it to you! You MAY want to change that. Here's the email I was going to send you!
ReplyDeleteThat's where I found my lasagna soup recipe! It may be the same one as yours. When I get the post written, I guess we'll find out! I seriously ate leftovers of it all week!
And yes. I make my own peach tea! I have an iced tea maker and I brew three decaf Lipton black tea bags and one Country Peach Celestial Seasonings tea bag. It gives just a subtle hint of peach, but I love it! I'm not a huge fan of the syrup-y peach stuff they put in restaurant teas. You should try it. Super yummy!
Thanks for coming by to read! I love having new readers and new followers!
-Danny
danny.heyen@gmail.com
www.mommyforreals.blogspot.com