Saturday, August 11, 2012

Gender time!

So obviously we announced it on facebook a few days ago that we have confirmed that our new little person joining our family is a boy! I posted this picture to announce. 

I have mentioned before how when I first announced I was pregnant, there were people who were quick to make comments on how they hope it is a girl. Or they would say things like since you already have a boy, you must want a girl. Or it would be nice to have one of each. Well let me say this... I would have honestly 100% truthfully been happy with either one. I know what it is to be a momma to a boy and the experience that it is so of course I would be happy with another boy. I know what to do so to speak (although I know each child is different). I know and have had the blessing to experience the special mother/son relationship. And to give my sons the blessing of having the special bond that brothers have...especially so close in age. So of course having another boy makes me happy.

If it would have been a girl I would have been just as excited. I admit I would have been scared maybe a little bit. It would have been the fear of the unknown. Raising a girl, I have also been told by others that have at least one of each (not everyone will agree) is a little more difficult especially as they get older. But I would have been just as excited for the amazing experience it would be. I would have also been interested in seeing my husband in that role as a daddy to a little girl. If he has our son wrapped around his finger I can just imagine what that would have been like. 

But here we are with the confirmation that we do indeed have another son on the way. We are very excited and now can go forward with the shopping and decorating! We did a small amount of shopping today as Carters was having a sale. This is one we did buy.

As I mentioned before... I just feel absolutely blessed to be a mother in the first place...to have the experience of carrying and bringing a little person into the world... and now.. I get to be surrounded my handsome men all my life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment