Tuesday, August 14, 2012

I want to remember

There are many videos on my cell phone of my little man over the his 22 month old life. He has a favorite though that he watches now. It is of himself when he first started walking at like 10 months old using the help of one his push musical toys things. In it he is dancing to the music playing and laughing a sweet deep baby belly laugh. When I watch it with him, this pregnant hormonal lady tears up because its like I remember that exact moment in time, although it easily escapes my thought because of the person he grows into each day, each week, each month. There are some things though I need to jot down... because I want to remember...

I want to remember his love for graham crackers and honey wheat pretzels.

I want to remember how when he thinks something is cute he will say "how cute" but it comes out sounding like "how toot".

I want to remember how he dances to and absolutely loves music.... whether it is his musical toys, something he's watching on a movie or tv show, or even his daddy's (bad) music. 

I want to remember how he will specifically ask to wear one of his hats just because his daddy is wearing one too. 

I want to remember how he says I Love You. He draws out the word love and it ends up sounding like I laaavve you. 

I want to remember how we watched these 2012 Olympics with him. His favorite by far was swimming. When Phelps was racing I would tell him to say go Michael! He would say it while rotating his little arms pretending to swim along. Then any other time we would watch swimming he would yell go Michael regardless of who was swimming.

I want to remember how he loves to draw and "write". He always ask for a marker or pen or crayon and will get down to business. 

I want to remember how he so sweetly points to my belly when I ask him where new baby is.

I want to remember how he exclaims "Wow!" when he is amazed by something in his little innocent toddler way. 

I want to remember how he absolutely loves pizza and chicken and will specifically ask for them by name.

I want to remember how he begs one of us to "play". With me it means he wants me to get on the floor and play playdoh with him. If he asks his dad it means he wants the hubby to get on the floor and play football. 

There is so much more I want to remember and I will revisit this at some point but I need to stop now before the my hormones get the best of me... who are we kidding.. even if I wasn't pregnant I would still be all water works. Once you have a child it is like you are forever hormonal.

--J--

No comments:

Post a Comment