Thursday, January 3, 2013

A word for 2013

I had some thoughts about the new year. I have had ideas floating around in my head about my resolutions and goals. Some of them are the typical ones.. like getting in better shape. My newly post pregnancy body needs some work. Also saving money is a big one. All of our medical issues this past year took a toll on our finances. But over all I just couldn't come to a concrete set of ideas. Then I saw an idea floating around some other blogs on choosing one word for year. One word to carry with you and focus on in 2013.

A word immediately came to mind so I thought well I could do this. My word for 2013 is HOPEFUL.

This is my word for many reasons.

I am hopeful in the new year that our lives adjust to becoming a family of four in a smooth healthy way. Hopeful for a routine and finding a happy medium of having fun...getting things done... being healthy and learning from each other.

I am hopeful that everything that happened both good and bad in 2012 taught us something and that we learn from it all so that it helps us to be better people in the new year. I am hopeful that all of it helps us deal with adversity. Unfortunately bad and or hard things are going to happen in the new year simply because that is life. If I hold onto the hope then any time these things happen my hope will be there to tell me that this too shall pass.
?.
I am hopeful that my faith continues to grow in the new year. Years ago my faith had taken a beating and was nearly gone. Then this pass year it was truly tested again. But I held onto it and really need it to grow and flourish.

Then there are some miscellaneous things I am hopeful for too. Some shallow some not. Hopeful that my sister decides to move to the city we live in... hopeful that the Dallas Cowboys figure it out...hopeful that we get to travel some since that didn't happen at all in 2012... and hopeful that I can make some more friends.. I have awesome friends here but only a few with kids. I need more mommy friends that get that sometimes my happy hour has to be during the day or at random times because my schedule revolves around my kiddos :)

With every new year is a chance for a clean slate.. a chance to start new or make a change. So here it is! Happy 2013! What is your new year's word?

No comments:

Post a Comment