Saturday, March 16, 2013

Rainbows!

There were many St. Patrick day craft ideas floating around the internet. For little man though, he didn't really get the whole shamrock or Irish thing. I found a few ideas on Pinterest for leprechauns and pots of gold and rainbows. I decided to just stick with the rainbow ideas and it was a great way to practice colors.

This particular one involved fruit loops (the cheap knock offs from dollar tree) or as little man likes to call them color cheerios.

I drew a rainbow on a piece of construction. Now I recognize these aren't the *true* colors of the rainbow but I drew it to match the colors offered in the cereal bag.

I scattered some cereal out and we practiced saying the color out loud and then match it to the color on the rainbow. Once he matched it he would dip the fruit loop in glue and paste it to the rainbow accordingly.






Now for my own memory keeping notes...he still occasionally gets confused with red and orange when he looked at them. There weren't any blue fruit loops in this bag so I didn't include it. He kept asking where the blue of the rainbow was. I was worried that he would want to eat them. He didn't although he kept smelling them asking what's that smell?  Ha Ha! Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment