You see my oldest son is now 2 and a half years old. Yeah I know not everybody is into counting the half birthdays. We don't celebrate the half birthdays either but at this age I still measure certain things as far as milestones..percentiles..etc. While I do think that time is going by fast...I will instead say this... I am thankful that I have had two and a half years of my mini man in my life. I am thankful for each day with him and hope and pray I get many more years to come.
At this age we are in the full on terrible twos stage. They really aren't that terrible in fact there are some comedic moments. You know where he tells me that no he doesn't want to wear shorts but then thirty seconds later bursts into tears that I didn't put his shorts on. Or like I shared in a recent post that he decided to take a black crayon to my bedroom wall. We also have the situations where he thinks he is a big boy for everything and insists "no i'll do it" for everything possible. Or where he thinks he no longer needs a daily nap so by late afternoon he is running around delirious. It really isn't that bad.
We recently ventured out to the backyard to play. We haven't been out there much because we had neglected the yard over the winter and had also been suffering from the lovely Texas allergies.
Just last year he couldn't climb this by himself
But as I said I am thankful. I have this adorable little person who pulls at my heart strings everyday. Thankful for this little man that has taught me patience. For this little man that makes me laugh. For this little man whose vocabulary has expanded by leaps and bounds and will carry on full on conversations with me. For this little man who takes the time to tell me he loves me to the moon and back each day. For this little man who tells me to rub his feet when he is getting tired. For this little man who sings to his little brother and always tries his hardest to make him laugh.
I also want to say how proud I am of him. He has taken to his big brother role in such an awesome way. He has awesome manners. And he flew on a plane not sitting on his mama's lap for the first time ever and did great!
Happy two point five.
No comments:
Post a Comment