We went on vacation after I read that and sure enough I caught myself. I would see other families and admire the way they were dressed, looked so put together, etc. I have an especially bad habit at looking at other mothers and wishing I looked that good after birthing two kids. (i can diet and exercise all day every day but their are things about my body I cant change) Or I wonder how some moms have the time to have their hair or make up looking all gorgeous while some days I barely even have time to shower. When we were at the beach, I admired the beach side condos that people were vacationing in and thought well darn we should do that, our boring old hotel some miles down the road all of a sudden wasn't enough.
But I would catch myself and then look at my family and feel so bad for wanting more. More than what I have? Well that is just silly. I am fully aware that some people might look at us as a family and compare themselves in the same way. But that is not what life is about.
Life is about loving and enjoying what you have been given. Of course some people have rough times, have had to travel dark roads, or maybe have made mistakes or choices that have derailed their path. But there is a reason and rhyme to the course of life. Things happen as they should and when they should. There is a timing to everything. There is a reason to everything.
Social media adds to this. People post pictures and posts about their lives and experiences sometimes only highlighting the good. So others that are having a hard time see these things and question their lives. It adds to the darkness that they may be experiencing. But remember people get to choose what they post and the majority of people choose to only share the good.
Some people that don't follow the same faith as I do might think well that is a load of bull. Sure I get it. Sure their are things that can be explained scientifically. But there is also the unexplainable. The miracles. The series of unfortunate events. There is a reason why I am who I am, with the life that I have. There are some things that I will want to have or want to experience that I may never get to for various reasoning. Sure there is such a thing as setting goals to better yourself or your situation. Things to work for. I am not talking about that. Bottom line though I know that I have to live life in a positive way, count my many blessings, and enjoy every minute of it. Don't wish for another life or different circumstance. Take what you have and run with it!
No comments:
Post a Comment