Something I work on continuously for myself is to not be so quick to judge. When I was younger I admit that I was quick to to judge many times. I would judge others..question others motives or intentions. I should have known better. As I have gotten older with more life experience under my belt I have made more of a conscience effort to be better about it. Am I perfect? In no way. Sometimes I find myself doing it without realizing I was doing it.
For example.. I used to shake my head at people who wore sunglasses inside. Like really? Like how some famous people do.. They always have to look "cool". Well now I know that is just silly... I actually have a friend that has an eye condition and is super sensitive to light. She wears her sun glasses everywhere. I find myself wearing mine more often to hide my puffy eyes from lack of sleep or crying I may have done. This is just a simple example of the point I am trying to make....
The point of it is, is that everyone has a story.. Everyone is going through something..living in certain circumstances..or having to deal with something. Maybe their close friends or relatives know about it maybe not... Don't be so quick to assume.
I come across this all the time. I am a stay at home mom. Not many people know why I choose to be one instead of work but some working moms think they know the reason behind my decision. They judge or question my choice. They don't know my story or complete reasoning behind it. People judge others on their parenting choices..ways of living.. relationship decisions..just to name a few. People post things on social media and others take it as fair game to judge them on their post or picture or whatever it may be. Again most of the time without knowing their story...
I have been desperately wanting to put up my Christmas decor.. There are many people that get so frustrated that Thanksgiving gets overlooked..normally I am one of those .. but see Christmas decor makes me happy.. I need extra warm and fuzzies and extra happy this holiday season. Most people know why I need the extra happy on what is expected to be an extremely hard holiday season for me.. while others don't...
So from one simple example to an extreme one.. bottom line is that everyone has a story.. a background to who they are or what they do.. it isn't our place to judge..Just be compassionate..loving.. and surround yourself with people who know your story..know your circumstance and loves you anyway...



No comments:
Post a Comment