Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014 and Hope

The calendar turned today, another day another year. That simple turn of the calendar page gives everyone hope for new beginnings and anticipation for what the new year will bring. Normally I am super excited for the new year and make plans and goals and lists and jump right into it. This year I was terribly afraid of leaving 2013. It meant leaving behind the year that that we heard my brother's voice for the last time, the year that I hugged him last, and the year that we told him good bye. Leaving the year behind and moving into a new one just seemed so surreal and scary. After some thinking and soul searching I realized that I was taking the wrong approach to it all. I was scared that with the new year we would be leaving him behind. And well that is not the case at all. He will be with us, go with us in everything we do. So instead of being afraid I forced myself to look to the new year. I needed to make my goals and lists and plans of what I want and need to happen in the new year.

It all sums up to hope. I need to carry hope with me in everything I do. Hope that I have patience to be a great mom...and on days that I fail at that -hope that I learn from it and move onto doing better the next day. Hope that I can be a better wife, and friend, and sister, and daughter. And again- on days that I fail- hope that I learn from it and try try again

With the new year, I know that I want to find a balance of living each day to the fullest without overextending myself or trying to do to much. I have to find balance in being a good mom and a good wife while also taking care of myself. Right now my children are little... everything revolves around them and I am ok with that. So I will continue to live my life where I am devoting so much of myself to my boys and just focus on being a mommy.

Sure there are the others that most people include in their resolutions. The healthier lifestyle, saving money, and budgeting. Yes those things are on my lists and in my mind but really they always are. So I just hold onto the hope I have that 2014 is going to be a great one. I wish you the happiest of New Years. I hope that you carry peace and hope in your heart throughout the year.
New Year Quote: 2014, Please be nice

No comments:

Post a Comment