Lets talk about the possibilities that can happen from one day to the next. My brother passed away on a Tuesday. I hadn't had an actual conversation with him since his birthday -15 days earlier. Sure we had random texts but I hadn't talked to him since then. For awhile I felt guilty because I thought wow, all of the things I could have said to him in that time frame. But you know what, even if I had talked to him the day before, or even that morning I didn't know what was to come so I still would have guilt about things not said. It wasn't about 15 days because really our lives changed in an instant. From one day to the next everything was different.
Even with little things with my sons. My oldest was an early communicator but always had difficulty with the letter f. He replaced that sound with the d sound. So foot came out as doot...four and five came out as door and dive. And just the other day we were working on something. He was counting and it came out clear as day...three, four, five... From one day to the next part of his baby talk went away and now he sounds like this big kid. Or like with the baby. In the first year all the major milestones were hit. From one day to the next, he'd roll over, crawl, take steps. Change is a constant and so many things can happen from one day to the next.
I could keep going with example but the point is... if your life could change for the good or the bad from one day to the next...maybe it is worth the effort to make everyday count.. try..live..laugh...and enjoy. Yes it is good to plan for the future and plan ahead ... but to a certain extent.. no one knows what tomorrow brings so make sure to enjoy the here and now and be the best version of yourself.... or at least try to be.

No comments:
Post a Comment