Sunday, February 16, 2014

The Gender Discussion

With the announcement of a new baby on the way, there have been various discussions and comments on gender. It being our third baby, and us already having two boys, there have been many well meaning comments of "I hope you get a girl" or "you are hoping for a girl right?" I don't mind those comments at all and well I would be lying if I said that it hasn't gone through my mind where I wonder if I will ever have a girl. I wonder if I will ever get to do all that comes with the girl experience. We thought about it back when I was pregnant last time and had complications. At that point we thought that, that would have been our last pregnancy. So naturally it went through our mind- where we wondered if two beautiful boys was going to be our future as far as children go. But here is the thing...it really isn't a big deal to me. I am thrilled to be pregnant again and with a hundred percent confidence I can say that I am going to be truly happy with whoever our new child is.
Gender neutral response to pregnancy, as it shouldn't matter what you are having as long as the baby is healthy. Having a human being quote
See everyday I thank God for choosing me to be mommy to these two precious boys I have. That is what I believe. I feel that God chooses the parents of each child with rhyme and reason. There is a reason that I have two boys. There is a reason that I have a laid back, sweet natured son and also have another that is a little spitfire ball of personality and adventure. There might be a reason why He will not give me a girl. Maybe He had a specific plan on timing and wanted to make my youngest be a girl. Maybe it was in his plan to give me three boys. I trust in what he has planned and am just thankful to be blessed with the journey of motherhood.
Inspirational Pregnancy Quotes #Pregnancy #PregnancyQuotes
If I have a third boy- well even though every child is different- raising a boy is something I have experience with and I can just go with it and raise the three to the best of my ability. Three boys will take so much of my energy but it sure will be fun. If I have a girl... well that is a whole other experience that we will embark on, a new learning experience for me for sure. And well she'll have two older brothers to watch over her.  I know a few people in our family that are rooting for team pink but overall I know that this new baby will be loved and adored regardless. And for that I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment