I watched other people in the restaurant. There were many that were sitting impatient with having to wait so long. They didn't look too happy and it seemed as if they were there out of obligation. Then there were others that were there..fully expecting the long wait. They'd go up to the bar and get some drinks to pass time and simply enjoy themselves. They would sit there in happy conversation waiting it out. I thought to myself.. it really does depend on each person's perspective and their way of approaching things.
Just like with other situations... when I announced my pregnancy...an overwhelmed stressed out mom might have thought "oh wow how is she going to handle three young kids". While another woman who may be longing for a child or missing a time when their own children were young would have thought "a new baby? what a blessing!" Again perspective. While at times I loathe the idea of doing the dishes or loads of laundry ...there are others who would give anything for a full house of people to clean up after. While I complain about my lack of sleep most nights, I know that my old lady self is going to look back on the days and miss where my boys cuddled with me at night and needed me at all hours.
Perspective plays a part in everything. How you approach your day, your stress level, how you parent your children, how you treat your partner just to name a few. Who you are, how you were raised, your experiences and circumstances, are all going to shape and define your perspective. Sure some days perspective goes out the window and it is just about surviving the day. But have you thought to yourself about your perspective. It is something I struggle with.. I want to be the person that goes up to the bar for drinks and just rolls with it... but sometimes I do find myself as the one is who is impatient and just getting through.. It's all about perspective.
No comments:
Post a Comment