Friday, March 7, 2014

Just Yesterday

Yesterday I posted a picture on Instagram of my boys at the park with a cheesy cliche caption of "my boys are growing so fast" I say it is cliche because it is a phrase thrown around so much about how fast kids grow. There are numerous wonderful articles about enjoying these stages because they will be gone too fast. I couldn't agree more but sometimes in the middle of a rough day or with everything going on in a busy schedule I really do forget how quickly time goes. And before I know it the calendar is changing and a new season is rolling in.

It hit me yesterday at the park where I was watching my youngest climb the toddler jungle gym and my oldest go all the way to the top of the "big kid"area. It felt like just yesterday that I would take my oldest to the park with the baby in the stroller who was just looking around observing.


I notice it when I hear the boys playing together and laughing or fighting for that matter when it seems like just yesterday I was just having to constantly tell the older one to be gentle...or play nice because remember he's just a baby. Now sometimes I am telling my youngest to be gentle because he is a crazy wild one. And I sit back and watch them engage in playtime or what ever else they are doing and it seems like this all happened in a blink of an eye.

I notice it when the older one is using the restroom. It felt like just yesterday we were potty training him having to assist with every little detail that goes along with it. Now (besides constantly having to be reminded about aim) he does everything by himself and only needs help if the soap is out of reach.

I notice it when I do laundry and realize that my boys are so close in size that I constantly have to check tags to see whose clothes are whose. Just yesterday I was looking at tiny infant clothes for my youngest while now I go through them preparing them for new baby. Just yesterday it felt like I found out I was pregnant and while I still have a long way to go it is crazy to me that in the ultrasounds the baby goes from looking like a mini alien to an actual baby so quickly.

So yes even though it is a cliche reminder...time and change and growth happen so fast that todays become yesterdays much too quickly. And before you know it...you are signing pre-school paper work with tears in your eyes. So enjoy the todays so you can happily reflect on the yesterdays. Tomorrow isn't here yet so don't rush it.

Happy Weekend!

"Time" quote by Harvey Mackay, design by Rebecca Martindale, via Behance

No comments:

Post a Comment