Monday, May 5, 2014

A thank you...

When becoming a new parent... many things that I read or advice I was told was about how much having a child changes a marriage. Once you have a child, everything changes.  No more late night outs whenever you want. No more spontaneous road trips. No more sleeping in. No more ...or a lot less of child free nights out on the town or time in restaurants enjoying a nice meal for two.

Since having our first, I like to think that we have done a good job of maintaining our marriage. A good job of making sure we make effort for alone time or do things that celebrate us as a couple. But lately... well lately I have to confess.. I have failed at this concept miserably.

After chasing around the boys all day...cooking.. cleaning... and growing another human.. most of the time I just want to lay down. People may say I have some valid excuses there. But the bad thing? I haven't even acknowledged all that my husband does.

He helps so much around the house. Starting a load in the dishwasher or a load of laundry here and there. He loves his time with his boys but will make an even greater effort if at a certain point in the day he sees my gas is running on empty. He does everything for the dog. Its like when I am pregnant.. dealing with the dog is the last thing I want to do. He also says that this pregnancy I am extra hormonal.. and he has taken that in stride. He has put up with my crazy food aversions that I have going on this time around as well.

I recognize that there are many awesome husbands and daddies out there. But I just wanted to take a moment to thank the wonderful man that mine is for all that he does and puts up with. So thank you..I love you.. and can we please schedule a date night?!


Am I a marriage expert? Not in the least. But I do know with kids and a household to run...extra effort has to be put into maintaining one.


No comments:

Post a Comment