And here I enter my 27th week. One of my monthly pregnancy reads says that the 2nd trimester is considered the honeymoon phase where all is nice and comfortable and that the 3rd trimester is where the unpleasantness comes around. Well I guess my body didn't get the memo that I was supposed to have a honeymoon phase. I am just now entering the 3rd trimester but the past few weeks I have been saddled with major fatigue, my morning sickness kicked back in and I have major back pain going on. The fatigue and back pain is something that I just learn to deal with but the morning sickness makes it tough. At this point in my pregnancy plus the Texas heat, since I can't keep anything down I get very dehydrated and contractions start kicking in because of it. So I am still in survival mode and am trying to rest a whole bunch.
With the morning sickness and serious food aversions, my weight gain stalled again. At least that is what the scale says but that doesn't make me feel any less enormous than I do. I haven't had many food cravings this time around either.
Sleep is also getting tougher but that is expected at this point. I am feeling lots of movement. Up high, down low, in my ribs, you name it. I have been feeling movement for a long while now but it was only recently that the husband felt him too. Then about a week ago oldest little man felt him for the first time as well! He never really got to feel last time I was pregnant so he was pretty excited.
Speaking of big brothers, they are both doing awesome. Middle little man is finally sleeping great. He doesn't understand still exactly what is to come. Big little man gets it and will tell everyone that he is going to have another little "brudder". We bought new baby some of those footed sleepers and he asked if it was okay that he still wears pajamas with feet too.
Hubby is doing well. He is such a big help and lets me nap very frequently. My food aversions are pretty tough to deal with because if the thought of a certain food grosses me out then it usually ruins the dinner plans for everyone. We had a date night this weekend. We went to go see The Fault in Our Stars (great movie btw) but it was kind of comical. I could barely sit comfortable, I sat like at an awkward position and was trying to not have to pee so much and was also trying to deal with horrendous heartburn. He was a trooper though!
Finally we are ready to announce newest baby's name-
We are looking forward to meeting...
Caleb Joseph

love the name!
ReplyDelete