We had a fun busy few weeks. Two weekends ago we left to our hometown to celebrate thanksgiving with and to see family. We don't travel out there often. There were family that hadn't even met my middle child. The 9 hour drive with three littles was no walk in the park (sorry to the people in the Dairy Queen halfway through that had to witness an epic tantrum by one of my sons) but it was worth it. We are so incredibly thankful for family that loves us and showers our boys with love, gifts, treats, and prayers.
Then for Thanksgiving we hosted here. Lots of food and football and comfort. Besides the Cowboys embarrassing themselves it was an awesome day. I think I could possibly do a meal of just side dishes and rolls. So healthy right?
The last week or so I started taking out the Christmas decor little by little. I love seeing the boys reactions to every little thing. I have a few mini trees and a fake one that were all put up. Day after thanksgiving we headed out to choose our real one. Hubby got to installing all the outdoor lights and setups. These little things made me so happy before kids but now with kids they are so magical.
I was grateful for a lazy day today. It was much needed. It was also a reminder to myself that I need to slow down. December can get crazy trying to keep up with everyone and everything. But the holidays shouldn't be a race to some imaginary finish line. Something to keep in mind...
Any who..
Happy December! Happy Holiday season!



No comments:
Post a Comment