--this past week the hubby went out of town on business for a few days...and sorry in advance if I sound bratty because I know many moms , military to name a few, do this parenting thing on their own but whoa.. It is exhausting.. I'd get through the days okay but nights and bedtime? Exhausting and hard.. Then on the final evening of his trip .. When I'm in countdown mode to the last few hours till he returns I get the call... The call that says his flight has been cancelled and I have to do another day on my own... But I survived it and there were only minimal tears.. That is a success!
-- because of me being on my own.. I didn't get to do as many gym trips as I would have liked this week. But I didn't give up and still managed to get a few workouts in and even a class..small success..
-- hubby and I got to a date night this weekend! I mentioned in my last post of working on myself how important date nights are and we got one! Well it was a date afternoon... We went and saw American Sniper. It was such a good movie. Definitely a sad story and now I want to go buy the book and read it. But almost three hours to ourselves? A nice little break.. Success...
--daylight savings time... Usually it's a disaster and the kids take forever to adjust but this time around.. So far so good.. And the fact that it coincides with spring break and we don't have to do preschool wake up.. Success...
--we had a family outing at a wildlife safari ranch a short ways away from our house. You literally drive through a trail and see various animals in their environments. You are even given food to give them. We have always wanted to visit this place since we moved here but always talked ourselves out if it.. Well we went on a whim and enjoyed it.. Meltdowns were minimal and we had some animals come right up to our car window.. Success!
--my preschooler gets some of those scholastic book flyers sent home with him monthly.. The book lover in me wants all the books.. It's hard to restrain myself. This month I didn't spend more than $20 so.. Small success..
So cheers to a new week! Hopefully Texas is done with the crazy back and forth weather. A new season is upon us.. Trying to stay positive and celebrate the small successes.



No comments:
Post a Comment