I'm weird about Easter when it comes to my brother. It's hard for me .. Somewhat harder than any other holiday. The year that he passed ( I can't believe that it's so far past tense ) he spent Easter with us. It's really the last time I spent time with him. I only saw him once more before he moved out of town. I remember the details vividly of the day.. Our conversations..his interactions with my boys.. Him hunting for eggs.. His excitement for the new adventure he was about to embark on.. It's all too much for me...
So I kept the boys busy.. Play dates..lunch dates.. Crafts .. Whatever it took to not have too much time to think. They loved it..and they were exhausted.
We had an egg hunt play date with some of our favorite friends
Lunch date with some more of our favorites
Planting jelly beans that sprouted into lollipops on April fools day
children museum fun
Crafts and play at a local amusement park
And on the big day we attended mass and had a small get together to eat and play. Holidays are so awesome with children.
I don't normally go into detail about my faith and religion.. But it is overly comforting to have faith in something.. In someone .. That gives you the promise of a peaceful eternity after the life here on earth. And celebrating this on Easter Sunday .. Celebrating He who died for us gives me the comfort that I will one day see my brother again. Meanwhile I enjoy the life He has blessed me with and the precious souls he placed in my care.. All while missing him so deeply.










No comments:
Post a Comment