Having three kids so young and so close in age requires lots and lots of energy. They rarely sleep at the same time. One of them is always eating. And I am usually wiping a tiny butt every hour. I rarely get to eat without holding a child and I almost never get to drink my coffee while it's still hot. There are moments where all three of them are pulling at me with needing their needs met all at the same time. There are also moments where they are all crying at the exact same time. Sometimes I join them!
Then there is all the good... Sometimes I look in the Rearview mirror and the older two are singing at the top of their lungs while I can hear he baby giggling along with them.. My heart surges with all the feelings.. There are times when I sit back and watch the three of them playing together on the floor and feel such a simple happiness. Or at bedtime after I've wrestled them into pajamas and helped with teeth brushing.. We lay together and all read along to a book..I'm at such peace. Then when it's time for hugs and kisses and goodnights I get triple the amount. It's awesome.
I don't say all of that to defend myself. Some people think I'm crazy for willingly having so many close together.. Maybe I am. I also don't say all of this to convince anyone that having more kids is the way to go.. It's a different scenario for everyone and it's up to them to do what works for their family. But I say this to acknowledge that sometimes I'm overwhelmed.. Sometimes I have it all in place .. Sometimes I vent and complain about the hard days.. But in the end it's all worth it for me. I don't need the condescending comments or looks or the unsupportive remarks or judgement. I surround myself with family that adore my boys.. And friends who get it or support me.. So to the next person that says ..you have your hands full..I say "if you think my hands are full ..you should see my heart..."
And unless you have a supportive understanding comment or a helping hand.. Then move along...
And I'm off to change a diaper 😉


Love this!
ReplyDelete