This past week I've noticed little things. I get into conversations with him that are brand new. His language exploded recently and It is so different. He has awesome physical abilities that his older brother took some time with so that always makes me forget how little he is. But he's still so little. His tantrums are not older kid tantrums.. His tantrums are because his communication skills are still forming..His brain is going faster than he can keep up with ... On top of it all he has a big brother that he wants to be just like and he doesn't realize that some of what big brother does is still just out of his reach. He still needs lots of reassuring and cuddles. He is getting more independent by the day but still needs mama a whole bunch. I can't expect him to understand that he has to wait when I'm dealing with baby brother. Patience is not a strong suit for a little two year old..
I always call him my wild child. Sometimes it comes out in a negative way. I don't mean it to be that way because it's not. He just completely took anything I knew about motherhood and threw it out the window. He is strong and stubborn and curious. He teaches me something new all the time. He also has some touches of ocd and that in a two year old is interesting to say the least..
He tugs on his ear as a soothing method. I secretly love it. It shows his babyhood left in him. The other day he was wearing a captain America mask and still tugging his ear.. Speaking of captain America.. He now thinks that anything red, white and blue is captain America.. He kept shouting that in the Fourth of July aisle at Hobby Lobby today.
Overall this is a reminder to myself to not rush him to grow up and remember he is still little. I also think it's a good reminder to everyone else with their own children.. No matter the age.. I think we get in the habit of looking forward and moving to the next thing for them .. Sometimes forgetting they are still little.. With small child brains..small child hearts.. And small child free spirits...❤️



No comments:
Post a Comment