Bath time
I hate bath time. I try to avoid it and really that's why I extend it to every other day. With three boys.. The floor needs seriously mopping up afterward.. I come out drenched myself and there is normally tears about who poured water on who. It really isn't my favorite.
TV time
I confess to letting my kids have some of their tv time first thing in the morning. Why? So I can have my coffee of course.
Sleeping in the car
Some moms refuse to let their kids sleep in the car for fear of messing up nap time... Well my kids rarely ever nap at the same time .. So sometimes I specifically drive somewhere to have some down time while they nap in the car.. And if I happen to end up in the dunkin donuts drive through for an iced coffee.. Well then so be it.
Nap time
Speaking of nap time.. If I by chance get all three of them to sleep? I don't do any of the things on my to do list.. I usually sleep right along with them or watch a few episodes of house hunters...
Children's book addiction
I am addicted to children's books. My kids library is seriously ridiculous. I've mentioned before how those scholastic flyers get sent home and I have to show restraint. This pass week I went to the scholastic warehouse sale and was like a kid in a candy store.
Bribery
Before I became a parent I said I would never resort to bribery on them. Ha how naive was I. I carry a lollipop stash in the diaper bag and have a few in the van as well. Those lollipops have saved me on many occasions and I have no shame on that.
I probably could keep going with these. I'm sure there are some that may judge me or whatever. But sometimes parenting kicks you into survival mode .. We are all just trying to do our best and some days are a bit harder than others. What are some of your momfessionals?


I am with you on the children's books. They are so cute and fun!
ReplyDeleteAnd I am definitely also guilty of neglecting the things on my to-do list during nap time. Sometimes the list can wait! :)
I think TV in the morning is the perfect way to ease into the day :) hahaha Thanks so much for linking up!
ReplyDeleteI'm with you on all of these! I'm all about some bribery :)
ReplyDelete