First and foremost.. With it being Memorial Day... So many people on social media posting about three day weekend.. Cookouts.. Pool time .. Like hello summer! And while yes it's a great opportunity to celebrate life and the little things.. It is also important to remember the reason for the holiday.. And take to time to think about all those that lost their lives while fighting for our freedom.. Think about these peoples loved ones that have to live their lives without them...
Then there was the intense weather here.. This part of Texas has gotten hit hard by rain.. Flooding.. High wind storms. The thing is.. It's been raining for like five weeks straight.. I'm annoyed by it. I hate driving in it.. I dislike plans that are cancelled because of it.. And I go crazy with the boys that get cabin fever by being forced to stay indoors. But this past weekend it got serious. Just north of us.. Right up the highway some smaller towns had serious devastation. There is a family missing... Houses ruined.. Belongings lost.. Pets displaced.. One of hardest hit towns is about 40 minutes from us.. We visit it every Christmas because they put on an awesome trail of lights.. And just like that I'm ashamed for getting frustrated with the inconveniences of the rain when all of these others are dealing with serious life altering things. Perspective...
Another weather related thing.. Or climate related..are the allergies we suffer from. The boys get hit pretty hard with allergies.. It's so frustrating for me that runny noses and coughs but a damper on things. Sometimes we have to pull out of social events because they are a coughing and sneezing but aren't contagious at all ... Yet others don't know that and assume I'm taking my sick kids around others..but all of that is a small factor when I come across people who's kids are dealing with terminally ill diseases.. Or handicaps.. I need to be way more mindful and thankful that allergies are the only thing we deal with.. Perspective...
I could go on with these things.. There's always going to be something.. We just have to keep perspective.. Count our blessings.. And hugs our loved ones..
So I go into the week thankful.. Thankful for my healthy little family that's falling asleep safe in our home .. Thankful for a great weekend of tball.. Pool time .. And friends.. Thankful for our soldiers who sacrifice.. Happy Memorial Day!



No comments:
Post a Comment