Thursday, May 28, 2015

Adulting

Last week I was grocery shopping and I checked the expiration date on something. My birthday... My thirtieth birthday is upon us.. Some country song says "I remember when 30 was old " or something to that effect.. Some days I feel old.. Lack of sleep will do that to you. But as I think about it some more and reflect.. It's crazy.. How am I going to be thirty already? How do I have three kids.. Who trusted me with that task?

My husband and I have been together going on a decade now. And through that decade we've done  some growing up... We have had to make some grown up decisions and learn some grown up lessons. We had to get grown up jobs.. And learn things about insurance, benefits, and 401ks.. We got excited to buy a house but had to educate ourselves on all that went into that.. To this day I'm still not sure how to clearly explain what escrow is.

With three kids..with a husband.. A house to maintain .. I adult all day everyday.. But adulting isn't all it's cracked up to be.. Over the years when it comes to hard stuff I've found myself saying "being an adult is overrated". Sure we get to spend money .. Drink alcohol .. And have pretty babies.. 

But some days I don't want to adult.. I want take naps.. I want to play..  I want to have unlimited hours to read books or swim.. I don't want to make scary decisions or deal with adult problems..

But you know what ? Turning thirty isn't scary to me anymore.. Like I've said before.. "Getting old is a privilege denied to many.." So I'll embrace it.. I'll count my blessings and enjoy my incredible journey of motherhood.. I'll celebrate the fact that I'm married to my best friend and have a partner in crime for life..I'll take the good and bad of getting older .. Age truly is just a number because as long as you are here on earth.. You are just going to continue to grow and learn and experience no matter what the year is.. Adulting can be hard.. But when I look around at life ..even with the hard stuff ..I realize it's pretty awesome.. Life can be lots of fun if you let it be.. So cheers to the fun and to the people that make life awesome ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment