I have talked about the craziness that this year has been so far... I feel like I am running around like a crazy person. But I had a moment the other day where I paused and saw my littlest dude on a little tricycle. He had climbed up on another kids tricycle and was trying to ride it. He had a little baseball cap on. In my head I thought Who is this kid? Surely that is not my baby boy that is already looking like a grown up child. He is about to be 18 months old and is already running around with his older brothers trying to keep up.
I don't know if I am getting older or the fact that I'm just not used to it. But this little guy siphons all of my energy daily. He is on the go... crawling inside cabinets...trying to crawl into the fireplace.. finding ways to maneuver the baby gates to get up and down the stairs. Already trying to open doors.. Sitting in the dogs water bowl.. Little dude is my cardio ;)
Some other 18 month updates...
He is by far my best eater. He is willing to try anything and eats a variety of things.
He has so many teeth! They all popped out quickly and he is just running around with a mouth full of teeth. He recently had his first dentist appointment. He fussed a little when it was time to actually lay down and say AHH.. but he did great.
His vocabulary is really expanding and more and more words are starting to actually sound more than gibberish.
He loves his dog. He says Hi Duncan first thing every morning. Unfortunately he is also always sharing his food with him too. We recently got a new puppy and they are just so in love with each other. I think the puppy just likes that he smells sweaty and sweet all the time.
Dude loves sports. He watches his biggest brother in his games so intently. He constantly wants to plays catch. He watches basketball and football with us on tv. Clapping and yelling along...
He loves watching Mickey Mouse and Sesame Street. He calls Elmo by name and says Oh toodles for Mickey.
He also loves his books. This makes me so very happy but some days drives me crazy when I am reading the same book for the 32nd time.
He absolutely hates to be covered with a blanket. Now that the temps are warming up its not as big of a deal but on cold nights.. he'd refuse a blanket but yet still wake up cold no matter how warmly I dress him.
And lastly...he recently weaned from breastfeeding. I made it this far with all three kiddos (give or take a month) It was more of me initiating the weaning process but he has handled it pretty well. It provided for a few rough nights but ultimately ended up ok.
And if you missed my recent announcement... you would have seen that it is littlest dude's turn to become a big brother.... He has no idea whats coming :)


No comments:
Post a Comment