Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Hashtag Boymom - A Fourth Pregnancy

I recently announced our fourth pregnancy. Not only announced that we are expecting again but also announced that our fourth child is indeed another boy. We are so grateful for all the well wishes and congratulatory messages. We are excited to expand our family and look forward to our future with four boys.

This pregnancy falls into the same time frame, give or take a few months, that the other ones did so all of the boys will be roughly two years apart. I mentioned earlier this year that we had some various things going on that made me question timing and such. Finding out we were expecting was one of them. But I will say... We had every intention to try for a fourth child at some point this year but it just happened a little earlier than we thought. The timing though doesn't take away any excitement or feeling of being overwhelming blessed. Maybe God just agrees with my some of my OCD tendencies and thought he'd fit our newest dude right into the same time frame as the others. :)



We announced the pregnancy and the gender at the same time for a reason. I have had many people... some even while I was still pregnant with my third, ask if we were going to try for a girl. That is one thing I want to make absolutely clear. We were always going to try for a fourth CHILD... not try for a specific gender. I had many well meaning friends say that they hoped I got to experience raising a girl. I get the well meaning comments... There are aspects to raising a girl that I am just not ever going to experience. (this dude is our last child) Sure that thought sometimes bum me out.. I'd be lying if I said no. But I have absolute faith that God has a reason for giving me all boys. I also would never hope for a specific gender because there are so many people around me that are having trouble conceiving... that are longing for another baby... that pray endlessly for the chance to add to their family... and I can assure you... they don't care one bit about whether they get a boy or a girl. So I am so very grateful that I get to carry another little soul and bring him in to this world.

I was also hesitant about announcing another pregnancy because people also love to throw in their opinions about having a bigger family. I have mostly gotten excited responses... but I have also gotten questions... "wow was that planned?" "wow" "wow again?" "that is crazy" "how are you going to handle all of them".. and the list goes on... Some people's lack of filter amazes me... The point is... we are excited.. we know what we wanted for our family.. and we are the ones raising them. :)

So boymom forever will be my title. Every single one of my boys are so very different in personalities and add to the perfect mix of our family. We can't wait to see who is added to our chaos. I am in the early stages of my second trimester and just starting to get my energy back...  I desperately need it with all these boys running around :)



No comments:

Post a Comment