Thursday, April 7, 2016

A Prayer "You Know"

This past few weeks have been a bit rough. I am getting over bronchitis. Having bronchitis while pregnant is probably one of the least fun things ever. It feels like you are going to cough your baby out... your whole body is sore and achy from coughing...then for an additional factor.. it made my morning sickness come roaring back with a vengeance. So needless to say I am not much of a happy camper.. just trying to survive most days. I was feeling down.. defeated.. and guilty because not much was getting done around here.

Then today... Today we were sitting down for lunch. I had picked up Chic Fil A .. which admittedly is the second time this week that we've had it ... Cooking while trying not to puke and coughing up a lung is pretty difficult. My oldest son went into his normal conversation of his day at school. He's five years old and is very much a chatter box. He tells me every detail about his day at school. I love it and hope he shares his day with me for years to come. He goes into detail about what they did, what stories were read, if he went potty, what they played outside, what was for snack, etc. Today he was talking about prayer.

He said- "Today we learned about personal prayer. You know not like the ones everyone says out loud but prayers just for us."

I said- "well that's awesome"

He said- " so we did our morning prayer and then had some time to say our own to ourselves. So mom you know what I prayed for?"

me- "what?"

He said- "I prayed for your brother that had to go to heaven.... you know my uncle..you know Joseph... you know how we don't get to see him anymore? Yeah I prayed for that."

I could barely muster a response... mostly because pregnancy hormones.. but mainly because the concept of trying keep my brother's memory alive to him is so very important to me. That is one of the most heart breaking aspects of losing him, is that he wasn't going to get to see my kids grow up. That they weren't going to know him. That they weren't going to have an uncle. My middle boy was just a baby so he doesn't know him.. only by pictures. But my oldest.. we still talk about some memories.. he remembers.. and that fact that he came up with that today.. completely unprompted on his own.. will that brought this weary momma some much needed heart warming happiness.




No comments:

Post a Comment