Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Road Trippin Texas Edition

I lay here recovering from a whirlwind week. Sometimes schedules just align up where things are busy busy and this week was one of them. Hubby had some work trips to take throughout the week in surrounding Texas cities. So we met up with him when we could...did some exploring and road tripping to see family..put up with some crazy weather..and ended with a fabulous concert.

Last week we met up with hubby for a day in Houston. I am not familiar with Houston at all so was nervous about navigating it by myself with the boys. We made our way to the Houston Zoo. Being from a small town with a tiny zoo and then having a smallish zoo where we live now, big city zoos amaze me with their size and quality. Houston's zoo was gorgeous. I couldn't get over how many elephants there were. We got to see one of the baby elephants bathe itself in a pool of water and play and play. It was adorable. They have a great children's area that has lots of play areas, picnic areas, and a petting zoo.






We were also able to catch a UT Longhorn baseball game on our trip. We are huge Longhorn fans and watching a live baseball game is always a treat. They didn't get the win but we had a good time.

We ended up in Dallas for a few days to visit some family. We didn't do anything "big"... the metroplex obviously has many things to do but we just hung out with family... did bowling and eating out and shopping.


One of the restaurants we tried was Torchy's Tacos... I have heard about it several times from people in our city and in Austin. It definitely didn't disappoint.


We finally ventured back on Sunday. It poured heavy rain the entire four hour drive home. I get super anxious driving in the rain. Not fun at all.

We didn't have much time to recover. We got our oldest back to school and then had a concert to attend at night. It was the Carrie Underwood concert. I have wanted to see her live for some time but the last time she was in town I was a few days from my due date with my middle dude so we didn't go. The wait was worth it. She sounds amazing live and put on a great show. Easton Corbin who was her opener was awesome too.



Now I need like a week to rest. Ha! Sometimes "busy" is overrated. But sometimes it can be lots of fun too.

No comments:

Post a Comment