Friday, April 1, 2016

Easter Happenings

Another holiday comes to a close.. and again at the end of the day I collapse into bed absolutely happily exhausted. I really enjoy Easter. We get to celebrate the great Lord and his work without the pressure of Christmas. Don't get me wrong ..I love Christmas. But it somehow has lots of pressure. Finding the perfect gift for everyone...perfect decor... etc. But Easter you seem to just go with it.. and eat lots of chocolate eggs.


As with any holiday, celebrating with children is a whole different ballgame... a whole different kind of special. Having children is not for everyone but for those of us that have chosen this path ... celebrating with children is just so magical.

We did the all the normal Easter fun. We did mass... which was a spectacle in itself. We normally do mass on Sundays but on this day the boys' allergies were raging and the show of sneezing and watery eyes were making those around cringe like we had the plague. We did a huge breakfast and an early dinner. We did Easter baskets...egg hunting.. and confetti egg cracking. The weather was gorgeous. Some Easters have been super hot or too windy or what not. On Sunday it actually felt like a perfect spring day.

Early in the week we dyed eggs... I save my egg shells throughout the month so we dye empty eggs and stuff them with confetti. We did traditional dye and vinegar and also tried a shaving cream method. We also did a glow in the dark egg hunt. I got some little finger lights and glow sticks from the dollar store and stuffed them into eggs. We did our hunt in the dark inside the house. Next year we will send them outside in the dark but this year I thought the young ones were still too young.





And like I have mentioned the last few years. Easter is also a bit harder for me in the the missing my brother aspect. Easter was the last holiday I spent with him. Easter was normally one I got to spend with him because he stayed in town for it. I hang onto a memory from Easter 2010. I was pregnant with my oldest... he came over with a few friends. My mother in law set up a mini Easter egg hunt for us. And there we were.. a few adults running around like children. Cardboard six pack cases were our baskets. And I remember simply enjoying it ... and at the end of the day thinking about how different my Easters or any holiday for that matter were going to be from then on because I was welcoming my first child into the world. Little did I know that my holidays we going to be so very different for other reasons.. I was welcoming someone into the world soon but little did I know I had limited time before I would be losing someone. I miss him... that is all. <3
see? this is why he was carrying an empty six pack case in the middle of the street :)

I hope you all enjoyed your Easter... bring on Spring...

No comments:

Post a Comment