Today my second little man is four! When my second little man came along, he threw everything I knew about motherhood out the window and truly taught me that each child is completely different and unique. He learns differently...plays differently... needs me differently than my first.. its wonderful and he always keeps me on my toes.
This little man is my only early riser. While the rest of the dudes sleep in, this one is up early and like me needs to eat as soon as he wakes up. He is very much a morning person and is just so happy and hyper. He loves cuddling but is the least affectionate of the bunch. When I ask for kisses or hugs its very light effort on his part.
This dude is a pretty decent eater and isn't too picky. He is ALWAYS hungry and can put away so much food although he is my more leaner one of the group. His favorites are "ketchup meat" aka sloppy joes and spaghetti, although the spaghetti sauce can't be too chunky or its a no go. He loves chocolate cake donuts, bananas, and applesauce fruit pouches.
He is a video game feign... we definitely need to limit and monitor how much screen time he gets because he just loves it. He also loves superheroes and legos. Since he was younger he always carries around a little lego dude with him. His favorite books are the Little Blue Truck series and mostly anything that rhymes . His favorite color is green and I love how I automatically know which project is his because it is usually loaded in green. We are working on his letters which is coming along pretty decent but little man knows his numbers solid... I guess that is from his dad because numbers and math are definitely not my strong suit. He was a late talker but this year has expanded his vocabulary so much. This year he really strengthened his swimming skills after taking some swimming lessons. He also asked to play soccer! We put him on a city league and he loved it.
This year we celebrated him with a small party of friends and family right at the beginning of December. Being a December baby is rough so having a party so close to Christmas hasn't always happened in the past but this year we made it a priority to have one. We also took our trip to the mountains to see snow and spend time with my family. When we went to the snow tubing area, he was super hesitant. He rode with dad first and then after that was brave enough to go solo. I have the most awesome video of him screaming with this loud belly laugh going down the chute. He also is absolutely in love with baby brother. I guess he was just too young when third dude came along, but now with baby? He calls him "my precious". He always wants to be around him and talks and sings to him endlessly. Last year he was super nervous to meet Santa.. he still gets anxious in high pressure situations like that. But this year he did awesome and quietly whispered to Santa what he wanted.
I had complications in my pregnancy with this little dude. I remember being so scared of losing him or him coming into this world with health issues. Sometimes I look at him and remember those worried fearful moments and am just overwhelmed. He is stubborn and impatient ... but he is loving, and funny, fun, and smart. He has the best belly laugh ever. And that deep dimple? Melts me everytime.
Happy Birthday my little man. I am so proud of who are and look forward to who you will grow into. <3
No comments:
Post a Comment