Six years old seems like such a huge age to me. Big kid status. He started Kindergarten this year and is loving it. He is one that loves school and is just eager as can be to learn. We get rave reviews from his teacher and he seems to really be enjoying himself. He actually gets bummed if he has to miss. He also has some fascination with riding the bus and is constantly asking to do so. Weird because I simply was never a fan of the bus.
He is still playing basketball and tball. These two have kept his interest so far so we continue to let him play. We are heading into basketball season now so that is taking up his time. Over the summer his swimming skills really grew stronger. He was able to practice longer laps without assistance and did really well with his breathing. We spent many days this summer at the local Six Flags and he is all about riding the big rides without any fear. Things like that are a huge deal because he really had a fear of things like that in the past.
He is still by far my pickiest eater. He drives me crazy with it. There are only a handful of items he will eat willingly. It is such a battle with him. I have tried different methods to try and get him to expand his options but not with much luck.
He is still all about Superheroes. I have these grand ideas of themed Halloween costumes each year for the family and everything still reverts back to them. His favorite is Batman and Joker. He also loves puzzles.. legos.. magformers...and video games.
He lost his first tooth! He had a loose tooth for a few weeks and one night while he was eating a bean and cheese taco, it popped right out. Tooth fairy paid him a visit and he was super excited.
I could go on and on boasting about this dude. He is my first born...the one I am learning with along the way. I am biased of course but think he is one awesome little man. He is stubborn and has learned the art of back talk ... but he's a sweet little dude.. he is a leader .. with a big heart and a huge sweet tooth. So proud to be his momma. <3
ReAlly enjoyed this post:). I've worked with tons of kindergarten teachers and kept telling Gonzo that whoever gets Nate is going to be one lucky teacher :).
ReplyDeleteThank you! His teacher really does enjoy him :)
DeleteApparently google doesn't know my new last name
ReplyDelete